Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Time to head back to life. I think.

Life goes on. LoL.

Anyway, after rediscovering my love for Theme Hospital, got to apply for Universities now. Looks bleak, but I guess I got to try anyway.

Speaking of Theme Hospital, I was wondering how such a simple game (first played when I was in Secondary School) can be so addictive. I was surfing mininova one bored afternoon when I noticed it on the front page. It's only 200mb, something huge back in 1999/2000, but now, it's peanuts now (Hell, I download animes at 300mb per episode, depending on the aspect ratio and encode).

And so, for 3 straight days, I found myself trying to run/destory hospitals to save/kill lives. Fantastic game. Simple, yet addictive for a mere 200mb.

Which brings the question, is simple better? I mean, for games, sometimes, yes. Look at Tetris, Pong and the like, games which our parents played when they were young. Even now, people are playing it on the buses on their handphones, with all sorts of newer stuff thrown in it, but the concept remains the same. Simple, yet effective. Sonic, a household name back when Sega was still using the 24-mbit console, was fantastic, yet, it fizzled when the 3D versions hit the dreamcast. There are games which needs a full DVD (4 gigabyte) to install and run, but yet, you won't be playing it much after one pass at the game, unless you play the multiplayer parts, which could get boring after a while as well.

Simple is good. Trust me. Too bad everyone is looking to games with a fantastic storyline (Games screw it up unless it's a RPG, but still....even then...), great graphics (Hence all the new PCI cards. Argh. No $$ to buy those... ._.), great multiplayer (No local servers) and god knows what else. How about just expecting little? I didn't expect much for Theme Hospital, and it has exceeded my expectations. Sonic kept me playing for weeks (I still can't beat the game. Rofl).

But hey, it's the new age....

So....

*shugs*

---

New banner. Mai is the main girl this time. Star of Hime deserves the spot after her amazing performance in Hime. Absolutely fantastic anime.

Anyway, she's reappearing in Otome! Woo hoo!

The font for this banner is something which annoyed me. Hard to find a decent font, even harder to find the correct colour. LoL.

MAI MAI MAI MAI MAI MAI~~~

Song of (whatever) changed to Anata ga Ita Mori by Jyukai, which is Fate/Stay Night's Ending Theme. Nice calm song, which fits well as a Ending Theme.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home